Sony's PMW-50 SxS Field Deck is a rugged mobile recording deck supporting Sony's XDCAM HD422 expanding line-up of video equipment, a line-up including the PMW camcorders. Featuring two ExpressCard 34 slots that accept SxS memory cards, the deck records SDI and other signals and plays back the recordings on its 3.5" 16:9 LCD. It also plays back, of course, from any SxS cards, wherever else they were recorded on, very convenient for when you've got cards coming at you from left and right. The deck furthermore also functions as an ingest machine to editing systems.
A full one-year PrimeSupport package is included with the deck. It provides fast and hassle-free repairs and a helpline offering expert technical advice.
- Compact SxS Portable Playback / Recording Unit
- The PMW-50 is a lightweight, rugged handheld recorder/player offering full portability for news and field operations. Weighing less than 2.2 lbs, the unit is designed to be tough and insensitive to vibrations. It runs on an optional BP-U battery.
- 3.5" Display
- The deck acts as a stand-alone multi format SxS viewer or as a desktop SNG card feeder.
- Compliant with the Most Popular Video Formats
- The deck supports all formats, including XDCAM HD422. The deck is .MXF and .MP4 files compliant, offering flexibility for broadcast and corporate operations.
- Direct Recording on SxS Cards via HD/SD-SDI Inputs
- The PMW-50 enables second/parallel recording with embedded audio via HD/SD-SDI inputs.
- SD, MS, XQD Cards and SxS Media Support
- With a variety of media available, you can choose that which is most appropriate for your application.
- Multiple Inputs and Outputs
- The PMW-50 features HD/SD-SDI inputs along with a variety of outputs: analogue composite, HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, analogue audio, headphone, iLink and USB.